It seems like every year I make very lofty goals for myself and then I get to about March and I lose momentum and it is over. Not this year. I have been thinking a lot about 2013 and what I want to accomplish…there are many things personally, professionally, and with my family that I want to do this year. However, I have decided this is going to be the year I take back my health. If I am healthy physically then everything else in my life will fall into place. I will want to be a better wife and mother and friend and worker if I am healthy and happy, both mentally and physically.
Goals for 2013:
1. Lose 60 pounds by December 31, 2013 (that would be approximately 1.5 pounds/week)
2. Complete four races (5K) and run at least one of them.
3. Start myfitnesspal.com again and utilize this tool to maximize my weight loss goals.
4. Exercise 3 days per week for at least an hour each day.
5. Find an exercise class to commit to each week.
I guess you could say all of my goals lead to living a healthy lifestyle. By the end of this year I want to be a person who people look at and realize I eat clean and I exercise. I want to be known as an athlete. I want to develop friendships with people who have the same goals I do.
If I accomplish these goals I know I am going to a happier person. I just know it. So, stick with me will you?