I feel like all I have been writing about is this 7-Day Detox. In reality, my focus last week was solely on this process…like I could not do anything else but concentrate on the current day and prep for the next. It was really all-consuming. In conclusion, I would call it a very successful week. I did lose over 10 pounds and I am thrilled about that. But the best part about the week was how I felt about myself. I learned so much about eating good food and how food can really sustain you (even though every day I thought it would not) and I also used the fuel for the best week of work-outs I have had in about 5 years. I thought I would list out my likes and dislikes and then I am going to be done talking about it.
1. Delicious food every day
2. Smoothies…this really surprised me. I thought that would be the worst part of the week.
3. The work-outs were kick-ass but I felt amazing afterwards.
4. I learned so many different techniques for cooking. YUM!
5. The weight loss, obviously.
6. The predictability. I knew what I had to do before I did it every time.
7. No junk food/fast food gave me tons of energy.
1. The disgusting shot. I still feel queasy just thinking about it.
2. The expense…eating clean really costs a fortune.
3. Day #5 salmon and kale preparation. It really had a funky taste.
4. SO TIME CONSUMING! The prep, the dishes, the exercise, the shopping, oh my!
The likes definitely outweigh the dislikes and there are many things from the week I am going to incorporate into my rotation. I am currently sipping on a smoothie as I write. I might not one every morning, but I will definitely continue mixing them up. Also, tonight I will be making the shrimp tacos for a friend who is coming over. Those (especially the blueberry/avocado salsa) are by far my favorite with the pork tenderloin and cherry chutney coming in a close second.
I really do not have the words to express what a blessing this week was for me. It really changed not only my eating habits but my thinking habits. I just want to be healthy. I want to be able to indulge but not binge. I want to enjoy food and taste news things. I want to work hard at the gym. This detox really made me aware of the fact that I can do all of these things and still lose weight.