Sometime I feel like I have nothing to write about.
My life seems pretty full, but there is nothing worth reporting or I do something fun but then I am too busy or tired or stressed to actually write about it.
I guess that it why I will never been a famous blogger…I just don’t have the commitment to it.
Oh well, I will just keep doing what I am doing.
Last November I committed to writing a post every day. I will not be doing that this year!
Six things going on in my world…
1. I started the bikini diet this week. This blog makes sense to me. She believe that dieting is 90% food intake and 10% exercise. Since January (and, especially, June) I have really been committed to 4-5 days a week of exercise for at least 60 minutes. Unfortunately, I have seen very little results. This leads me to believe that my diet sucks. When I did the 7 day detox I lost 13 pounds in one week…interesting. I am not looking for a “quick fix” but I certainly would like to lose something for all the effort I am putting in at the gym.
2. We went to Great Wolf Lodge over the weekend. Shawn’s co-worker’s mom works there so we got a cheap room. However, GWL is not a cheap place. We spent more money than I would have liked to, but the kids LOVED it ( and so did we). It was a great family Staycation” (GWL is 5 minutes from our home) and we were all exhausted but so relaxed and rejuvenated when we came home.
3. I found Megan a pair of Twinkle Toes and it didn’t cost me a week’s pay! They were on clearance at Kohl’s for $21.99 and I had a 30% coupon so I ended up spending about $16 on them. That was a major win!
4. This weekend is my high school reunion. Our class president has done a horrible job planning it, so I am not hoping for anything spectacular, but it will be nice to see some people I have not seen in a while and also hang out with a couple of my BFF’s and their husbands.
5. October is the best month but also the worst. The anniversary of my dad’s death is coming up. This weekend we are spending time remembering him and doing some fun stuff in his honor.
6. For the first time in a long time I looked at Megan and Tyler and realized I am so happy to be a mom of two awesome kiddos. I always thought I wanted (needed) more children, but right now I feel really content. I have struggled with this for the last year because I keep picturing in my mind three little kiddos…but if that never happens, I am fine with it, really.